Saturday, July 30, 2011

Memory Lane

So, about a month ago, my friend set out to make a T-shirt quilt. I had been thinking for years I should do the same. I have so many old shirts from my college days and thought it would be nice to put them all on display together.

So we made the trip to Hancock, and 5 yards of quilting fabric and 3 weeks of sewing later:

ta-DAH!

And the super cool, quilty green back:


And although I know nobody asked...here are a few of my favorite shirts and where they came from!

First and foremost...Bid Day shirt from the day I joined Alpha Gamma Delta!

Oh Agnes. Our resident ghost at Brenau...I remember one time she turned off the lights in the middle of a formal Convocation. I also remember quite a few spontaneous ghost hunts in the late night hours...She is still my homegirl.

Sophomore year. The retreat was fun...the year not so much. Sophomore slump is for real, yo. A small group of us wanted to get shirts that said "Sophomore year sucked out my soul". Obviously that was vetoed.

GO GREEK! From my days as a Rho Gamma.


As a fundraiser for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Alpha Gamma Delta at Brenau does and annual Sugar Strike. We swear off sugar for a week and take pledges from people who pay us for doing so. 25 sugar-addicted FEMALE college students all going through withdrawal at the same time. So many memories...

This is without a doubt my very favorite Alpha Gam shirt. Designed by the lovely Summer...it hurt me to cut this one up. But I figured it would just get all the way torn up if I continued to wear it.

This one is for Sarah Cosey. Hee.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your t-shirt quilt. I want to do the same, but I lack the inherent skills. Also, I was just talking to Mer about the sophomore slump sucking out our soul. I didn't get to go to sophomore retreat because I had a funeral to go to. Man, that year really did suck. However, that was also the year we went ghost hunting and the year we started movie night. Those were some good times. I love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaah I had completely forgotten about movie nights! Those at least rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love LOVE it!! I totally need one!

    ReplyDelete